Best Sports Gambling Site Reviews!
Sportsgambling4fun.com providing you with reviews of top quality sports gambling sites.
Introduction to soccer betting.
Sports betting in general is one of the best forms of gambling to try and get a long term edge, for several reasons.
1. There is a strong skill element, with some punters knowing a lot more than others. The less skilful punters subsidise the more skilful.
2. By shopping around on the internet for the best prices you can usually get sportsbooks on head to head events down to under 103%, making it far better than, for example, racing. Sometimes even arbitrage situations occur where the book temporarily falls to less than 100%.
3. Doing the form on sports betting can be very enjoyable in itself, as is watching the events. This can be a good motivator to do the work required.
Like other sports targeted specifically on this site, soccer is an excellent game on which to launch a serious betting attack. Far more people bet on soccer matches than know anything about it. This is partly because it has a very high international profile and most people have heard of the leading teams.
Like AFL football and both rugby codes, soccer is also a very tribal sport with strong allegiances, so there is a lot of emotional money invested in soccer betting. This is not 'smart money' and hard headed professionals make a very nice living finding value bets that exploit this factor. If you want to beat your soccer bookies, then you must know the fundamentals of soccer betting. Knowing how to bet and what to bet.
Here are a few important factors to consider before you embark on soccer betting.
1. Team Form Look at their recent team form. Check who was the opposition and what was the situation of the opposition at the time of the game. If available, read the recent match reports to see if the team was unlucky because of opposition goalkeeper having a great day etc.
2. Home and Away Records Check for home and away statistics. Some teams play better at home ground, some play better away. Also check if the game is a local derby and if teams share the stadium.
3. Head-to-head Check the history between the two clubs. The home and away history is important. You will be surprised how the history repeats in some games year after year.
4. Team news Be sure always to check for injuries and suspensions. Which players are missing and how important are they. If there are injuries check if it is long-time injuries or new injuries since the last game etc. How good are the players who will play instead.
5. Motivation Motivation is very important, especially when the season end is near. Ask yourself if the team needs points. Is the team playing European football and maybe will rest players. Is the team interested in the domestic cup.
6. Schedule Check the team schedule. How many games have they played in recent days. Could they be tired. When are they playing again. Is the next game very important to the team.
7. Focus Everyone has their expertise and specialty. There can be few hundred football matches today. It is important to stay focus on competitions that you are familiar with, for example England Premier League, Italy Serie A, Champions League etc. You will have more knowledge about teams and players in these soccer leagues to stand a higher chance to win.
8. Quality Quality precedes quantity. There is no need for you to bet everyday. You should only bet when you have confidence to win.
9. LIVE In-Play It is equivalent to live betting as you watch the match on TV or follow the live score. You may stand a higher probability to win by seeing how the team perform during the match.
10. Bet Types Everyone has their expertise and specialty. There can be few hundred football matches today. It is important to stay focus on competitions that you are familiar with, for example England Premier League, Italy Serie A, Champions League etc. You will have more knowledge about teams and players in these soccer leagues to stand a higher chance to win.
11. Discipline You must know your limits and do not cross the line. Be responsible in your actions, bet what you can afford to lose. Do not end up in a debt and get into trouble.